Camtasia Recorder records exactly what you want: whether it's the entire screen, specific dimensions, a region, a window, or an application. It is designed to be simple and easy-to-use starting with your first recording—just click the Record button and begin your onscreen activity.
- Choose the screen area to record:
- Full screen (default)
- Custom area: Click the Custom dropdown and select standard recording dimensions or the Select area to record option.
Camtasia records both the screen and webcam. For webcam only, delete the screen recording track in Camtasia Editor.
- System audio is recorded by default.
- Microphone audio is recorded by default. Click the audio dropdown to select the microphone or audio device.
TIP: Run a sample recording to test the audio.
- No Audio: Make sure the audio device is on and connected.
- Low Audio: Drag the audio slider to increase the audio level. Make sure you select the correct audio device in the dropdown.
The TREC recording file is added to the Media Bin in Camtasia Editor.
|Option||Windows Hotkey||Mac Hotkey|
|Add a Marker||Ctrl+M||-----|
Camtasia Recorder automatically records:
- Keyboard shortcut data to generate keystroke callouts in Camtasia Editor
- Cursor data to customize the cursor in Camtasia Editor