Animations add interesting focal points to your video such as:
- A talking head that smoothly transitions or trades places with a screen recording.
- An image that enters the video from the left, pauses, then flies off to the right.
- Callouts that animate in various ways on the canvas to draw attention to an area in the video.
Add an Animation
- Click the Animations tab.
- On Windows, click the Animations sub-tab.
- Drag desired animation to clip or media on timeline.
- Add animations to images, video clips, and callout, line, or shape annotations.
- To change animation duration, drag the end of the animation in either direction.
This animation allows you to create your own look.
To play media off screen, move media off canvas before adding the animation.
Restores clip to previous state by reversing the preceding animation.
For example, if you twirl a callout onto the screen, the Restore animation will twirl in reverse to the original off-screen position.
|No Opacity||Use to fade out media or clip so it cannot be seen.|
|Full Opacity||Use to return media or clip to full opacity after the No Opacity animation.|
|Tilt Left||Tilt media to the left. Customize effect in Properties.|
|Tilt Right||Tilt media to the right. Customize effect in Properties.|
|Scale Up||Scale the media up in size. This acts as a zoom in animation for the entire clip.|
|Scale Down||Scale media down in size. This acts as a zoom out animation for the entire clip.|
|Scale to Fit||Scales media up or down to fit the canvas dimensions.|
Camtasia Recorder's SmartFocus technology collects data about the actions completed and the cursor movement in the recording. SmartFocus predicts where to add zoom animations, saving you the time it takes to manually insert zoom and pan animations.
This option is only available in TREC recordings created by Camtasia Recorder. TREC is the default setting for the recorder.
To activate SmartFocus animations:
Working with Animations
|To perform this action...||Do this...|
Select the animation on a clip or media, press Delete on keyboard.
|Change location on clip or media||Click the middle of the animation and drag to desired location.|
|Copy and paste to other location||
Use Easing to Change the Effect
Easing determines the motion of the effect including how the effect begins and ends.
- To change the easing action, right-click an animation on the timeline, choose Enable Easing.
- Select the desired action from the menu.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.