After recording a video capture, the MP4 file opens in Snagit Editor to preview and edit.
|Elapsed time||Displays the elapsed time at the playhead's position on the timeline.|
|Start handle||Drag the handle to select the starting point for a video selection.|
|Playhead||Controls which frame in the video is displayed. Drag the playhead to jump to a specific point in the video.|
Drag the handle to select the end point for a video selection.
Click to move back one frame.
Click and hold the button to rewind.
|Play / Pause||Play or pause the video.|
Click to move forward one frame.
Click and hold the button to fast forward.
|Create Animated GIF||
Save entire video or the current selection as an Animated GIF file.
|Save Frame as PNG||Save the current video frame as a still image. The new image opens in the tray.|
|Time||Displays the total length of the video.|
Trim or Cut Out Unwanted Video Sections
Cut out unwanted parts of a video such as mistakes or coughs, or trim the beginning or end of the video.
- Drag the Start handle on the timeline to the location to start the cut.
- Drag the End handle on the timeline to the location to end the cut.
- To preview the cut, drag the playhead to where you want to start the video playback. Click the Play button.
- Click the Cut button.
Save a Video Frame as an Image
Capture the current video frame as a still image.
- Open a video capture or click to select a video from the Recent Captures Tray.
- Drag the playhead to the desired video frame.
- Click the Save Frame as PNG button.
The new image opens in the tray.
TIP: Need More Video Editing Options?
For additional editing options, share the video to Camtasia.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.