Users have reported that Camtasia will not start up, or it will start up once and then never again.
We have found this to be a conflict with a software program called CrowdStrike. One workaround we have found is to disable our anonymous usage data tracking.
- Exit Camtasia and the Camtasia Recorder. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Camtasia 2019: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\19.0
- Camtasia 2018: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\18.0
- Camtasia 9: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\9.0
- Click the 19.0, 18.0, or 9.0 folder (depending on your version).
- Right-click the TrackerbirdOptedIn item on the right and select Modify.
- Change the Value data from 1 to 0 and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Camtasia.