If you are on macOS High Sierra 10.13 please update to Camtasia 3.1.1. You can do so by going to Camtasia 3>Check for Updates.
Apple released macOS High Sierra 10.13 on 9/25/2017. With some changes in High Sierra, Camtasia is encountering a few bugs. Our current known issues are listed below that have not been fixed in Camtasia 3.1.1.
- Cannot record System Audio:
- You will not be able to record system audio if you are installing Camtasia 3 for the first time on your machine running 10.13 High Sierra without doing the following:
- Install the Camtasia System Audio Component *You will automatically be prompted to do so if you attempt to turn on system audio in the Camtasia recorder
- Click the Install button to install the TechSmith Audio Capture Component.
- Once installed, click the Open Security & Privacy button:
- Click on Allow and then enter your computer password:
- Try recording system audio in Camtasia. *It may ask you to install the system audio portion again. If so, let it install and then try recording system audio with Camtasia.
- Device preview takes too long to appear in recorder:
- Each time an iOS device is selected in the recorder, it can take 10-15 seconds for the preview to appear.
- Recording region reverts to screen region after iOS device recording:
- When making multiple iOS device recordings, the recorder's region selection option reverts to a screen option after recording a device instead of keeping the previous iOS selection. It should keep the device recording selection.