The Camtasia Recorder displays the error: "Unknown Error".
Reset Camtasia using the steps below to resolve the problem.
- Exit Camtasia and the Camtasia Recorder. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to:
- Camtasia 2018: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\18.0
- Camtasia 9: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\9.0
- Right-click the 18.0 or 9.0 folder (depending on the version of Camtasia) and click Export. Save the file to a safe location on your computer (this is a backup).
- Right-click the 18.0 or 9.0 folder again and click Delete.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Camtasia.