After installing Snagit, it works right after installing. However after rebooting the machine, Snagit fails with the following error.
This appears to be a false positive with McAfee security solutions. We have contacted McAfee to attempt to find a permanent solution, however the best workaround at this time is to add the problematic files to the excluded list in McAfee.
If you are receiving the same error message but for different files, see here.
- Make sure you have a copy of your Snagit license key. Then uninstall Snagit through your control panel.
- Open McAfee.
- Select the PC Security tab at the top, and then choose Real-Time Scanning on the left.
- Select Turn Off.
- In the drop down menu, choose "When I restart my PC" and click Turn Off.
- Reinstall Snagit (if you need to re-download, click here).
- Once reinstalled, open McAfee and select the PC Security tab.
- Select Real-Time Scanning on the left.
- Click Excluded Files
- Click Add File. Add the following files:
- C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2018\opencv_core300.dll
- C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2018\opencv_core310.dll
- C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2018\opencv_imgproc300.dll
- C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2018\opencv_imgproc310.dll
- C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2018\opencv_photo310.dll
- Reboot your computer and verify that Snagit continues to work. Once the machine has rebooted, the McAfee Real-Time Scanning will be re-enabled.
If the problem returns, with the error referencing different files....
If the problem does come back with error's that refer to a different set of files, follow these additional steps. It is important to make sure to add the problematic files before reinstalling Snagit.