After installing Snagit 2018, it works right after installing. However after rebooting the machine, Snagit fails with the following error.
This appears to be a false positive with McAfee security solutions. Please follow these steps to resolve the problem.
- Make sure you have a copy of your Snagit 2018 license key. Then uninstall Snagit through your control panel.
- Open McAfee.
- Select the PC Security tab at the top, and then choose Real-Time Scanning on the left.
- Select Turn Off.
- In the drop down menu, choose "When I restart my PC" and click Turn Off.
- Reinstall Snagit 2018 (if you need to re-download, click here).
- Once reinstalled, open McAfee and select the PC Security tab.
- Select Real-Time Scanning on the left.
- Click Excluded Files
- Click Add File. Add the following files:
- C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2018\opencv_core300.dll
- C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2018\opencv_core310.dll
- C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2018\opencv_imgproc300.dll
- C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2018\opencv_imgproc310.dll
- C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2018\opencv_photo310.dll
- Reboot your computer and verify that Snagit continues to work. Once the machine has rebooted, the McAfee Real-Time Scanning will be re-enabled.