TechSmith Relay now allows you to add an entire folder of media to your Learning Management System using the LTI workflow.
You can learn more about adding media to your LMS via the LTI workflow with these tutorials:
- Organizing Your Video Library
- Adding Media to Your Blackboard Course
- Adding Media to Your Brightspace Course
- Adding Media to Your Canvas Course
- Adding Media to Your Moodle Course
Frequently Asked Questions
If I add a folder of media as an assignment in my LMS, how will the gradebook integration work?
At this time there is no gradebook integration when adding a folder of media to the LMS and no gradebook entries will be created for any folders you add to your courses.
What happens when I add a new piece of media to a folder in TechSmith Relay I've already shared in my LMS? Will the new media appear in the LMS view as well?
Yes, when you add new media to a folder in TechSmith Relay, whether it be via the Desktop Recorder workflow or from within your TechSmith Relay media library, it will automatically be displayed in the LMS folder view.
Some of the media in the folder I have added aren’t showing up in the LMS. What’s wrong?
Check the privacy setting of any media that is not showing up in the LMS. Media with the privacy setting of ‘Only you’ will not be visible in the LMS folder view. Change the privacy setting of any media you'd like to make available in your course.
If I’ve added a folder of media as a course item and want to change it out for a different one, how do I do that?
Unlike with individual videos, there is not currently a way to swap out the folder you’ve selected for another one. You will need to delete the course item and re-add it so you can select the new folder to display.
Can I add a folder of media using the rich content editor in my LMS? Can I add multiple folders this way?
If your LMS administrator has configured TechSmith Relay to be available in the Rich Text Editor (Canvas), as a Mashup (Blackboard), or via the Insert Stuff menu (Brightspace), you can add a folder of media (or multiple folders) using these options. Check with your LMS administrator to see which options are available at your organization.
If I’ve added a folder of media using the Rich Text Editor in Canvas and want to change it out for a different folder, how do I do that?
To remove the folder of media you have selected in the Rich Text Editor in Canvas, you will need to first delete the folder in the HTML view and then select your new folder to be displayed.
I want my students to view the media in the folder in a specific order. Can I sequence the media within a folder?
Unfortunately, at this time there is no way to sequence the media once it is in a folder. If you'd like students to view the media in a specific order, we recommend one of the following workarounds:
- Instead of adding an entire folder of media, add the media one at a time to the LMS in the order you'd like students to access it.
- Change the title of each piece of media in the folder to include a number. Example: Lesson 01: Introduction, Lesson 02: Algebra Basics, etc.
- Within your TechSmith Relay library, create a new folder for the media you want students to view. Add the media, one at a time, to the folder in the reverse order you'd like students to access it (add the last video first, the second to last… and so on). Then add this folder to your LMS via the LTI workflow.