When stopping a recording with Snagit 2018 and later on Windows 7, Snagit either crashes or hangs on "Processing...."
This has been fixed in Snagit 2018.0.2 and later. To download the latest version, open the main Snagit capture window and click on Help > Check for updates. If the problem continues, please try the steps below.
- Exit Snagit and the Snagit Editor. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Features\snagit.
- Click the snagit folder.
- Right-click the UseAlternateWin7Encoder item on the right and select Modify, and change the value from 0 to 1.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Snagit.