After opening and editing an image in Snagit, the image is unable to save to another file format.
The thumbnail icon in the tray shows as blank file and using the magic wand tool in capture causes it to crash.
This is a known issue that we hope to fix in a future release. There are some workarounds below to work with an image in Snagit.
Option 1: Copy and Paste
- Open the image in your preferred browser.
- Select File > Open File.
- Control-click the image in the browser and select Copy Image. Or you can click-and-drop the image in Snagit.
- Open Snagit.
- Select File > New > New Image.
- Select canvas size and click Ok.
- Control-click canvas and select Paste.
- To verify if this worked, save the image as a PNG or JPEG file.
Option 2: Converting Image to a Third-Party Software
Using a third-party conversion software, re-save image to another file format.