This problem can occur if the hosts file has been modified on your system.
To resolve this issue follow the steps below.
- Browse to this folder. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
- Right click on the hosts file and go to properties. Uncheck the box for read only.
- Close down Camtasia.
- Download the attached CamtasiaUtl.zip file to your desktop.
- Right click the zip file and choose Extract to extract the EXE file.
- Double left click the CamtasiaUtl.exe so it runs. A spinning wheel may flash for just a second after it is run but you will receive no other message or prompt.
- Once done open up Camtasia and enter in your valid software key.
For a video on the steps above see below.