This problem can occur if the hosts file has been modified on your system.
- Browse to this folder: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
- Right-click the "hosts" file and select Properties.
- Uncheck the box for Read-only.
- Close Camtasia.
- Download the attached CamtasiaUtl.zip file to your desktop.
- Right-click the zip file and select Extract to extract the EXE file.
- Double-click the CamtasiaUtl.exe file.
A spinning wheel may flash after running the file, but you will receive no other message or prompt.
- Open Camtasia and enter your valid software key.
Watch the video to see the steps above.