6 February, 2018: Snagit v2018.1.0
- Added Polygon to Shape Tool.
- Allows you to create your own multi-sided shapes quickly with our polygon option.
- Pasting Text onto the Canvas.
- Creates a new text box on the canvas when copying and pasting text from another location.
- Added ability for autofill to work with spreadsheet grids.
- Manual selections now show the size of the selection area.
- Improved speed of autofill on large images.
- Use the new T-style arrow head to show measurements in the Arrow tool.
- Can now choose "Don't show this again" option in the missing captures alert.
- Adding or removing outline color in tool properties will now add or remove line width in properties.
- Reduced Capture Helper CPU usage when idle.
- Escape key allows users to exit the editor when in full-screen mode.
- Fixed an issue where arrow keys could not be used to move Smart Move objects.
- Added option to suppress notification of “missing fonts in themes” that was showing on every launch of Snagit.
- Customize toolbar menu is no longer misaligned on 4k displays.
- [macOS 10.13 Only] View-only support for HEIF images.
- Fixed auto-suggestions for tagging in the Library.
- Fixed an issue where users could only remove one tag at a time on captures in the library.
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to embed images into Microsoft Outlook when using Share > Outlook output.
- Captures shared to Microsoft PowerPoint will now be added to the current slide, if possible.
- Videos can be shared to Microsoft Office Applications.
- Turned the FTP tag examples into clickable buttons.
- FTP custom code corrected to work with German characters.
- Get Started with Snagit button now shows correctly after entering a software key.
- [macOS 10.12.6] Entering a Software Key no longer causing Snagit to unexpectedly quit.
12 December, 2017: Snagit v2018.0.2
- Added a tooltip for modified Recent Tray items
- Fixed a crash in the library if a trailing backslash existed on a tag
- Fixed intermitted errors when loading Snagit projects, in the library
- Snagit/OS Grab integration: fixed a crash when using the system grab integration
- Magic Wand: Improved scaling when resizing filled canvas objects
- Grab Text: Now allows text in the about dialog to be copied
- Grab Text: Improved progress transitions
- Canvas Snapping: Improved keyboard support when moving objects along a straight line
- Improved support for macOS High Sierra [10.13.2]
- Localization improvements for German
14 November, 2017: Snagit v2018.0.1
- Fixed an issue causing an error when trying to use presets from Snagit Mac v4.
- Fixed issue where importing images into library caused Snagit Editor to become unstable.
- Fixed crash when saving a video that has edits.
- Improved sharing to and from Google Drive.
- Improved messaging when reusing capture shortcuts that were already in use.
- Improved sharing to Microsoft Office products.
- Improved Retina support for shared captures.
- Improvements to Grab Text recognition.
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements.
24 October, 2017: Snagit v2018.0.0
- Quickly move text or move objects around in images that you have captured. Keep your image content up to date when UIs and the underlying technology changes.
- Communicate changes, suggestions, or give feedback by swiftly editing your captures.
- Do more than just move text around in your capture and choose to edit it directly.
- Choose to capture text on your screen or find and copy text after capture from the whole image or select an area in the image to get specific text.
Snapping on the Canvas
- Drag objects around in Snagit Editor and they will snap to align with other objects or the canvas itself.
- Added In-app messages for onboarding (keep a look out for banners in Snagit Editor for helpful tips).
- When using the native capture tool, Grab, choose to save images to Snagit for editing or file conversion.
- Added pixelated blur.
- Added option to cancel some share destinations during share.
- Added MOV video file support.
- Resolved several bugs and added other workflow improvements.