When sharing to Google Drive, a .SNAG file is shared instead of a PNG or JPEG.
This is a known issue that we are currently investigating.
If you do not need to edit the capture, and just wish to share it directly to Google Drive, you can set up a capture preset to automatically upload to Drive without previewing the capture in the Editor. This will upload the file as a PNG.
- Open the main Snagit capture window, and click the plus button to create a new preset.
- Select the Image tab.
- Select Google Drive from the Share drop down.
- Disable the option to Preview in Editor.
- Select Save Preset.
- Optional: Once saved, you can assign a unique hotkey to trigger this capture preset. See here for details.
- Now, take a capture using this preset.
Here is a short video showing the procedure above.
- In the Snagit Editor, browse to the file menu File > Save as
- Save the image as a PNG file on your computer
- Share the image to Google Drive. This will upload a PNG version of the image to Drive.