When exporting your project through the Share menu (sharing using either Local File, Youtube, Google Drive, Screencast.com, etc.) the annotations used in the project display black in the resulting video.
- If you are running Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite, upgrade your operating to a newer version of Mac OSX. You can find more information about doing that here.
- We recommend this because this issue only occurs on Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite.
- You'll want to check with Apple or your IT team to see if your computer is suitable to upgrade and if your other programs are compatible with the latest operating system.
- If updating your Mac OSX version is not an option, you can get around the issue by doing a full uninstall of Camtasia and reverting back to a previous version (3.0.0). The instructions for the full uninstall are listed below:
*Make sure Camtasia is not running or open.*
1. Move Camtasia from the Applications folder to the Trash bin.
2. Click on a Finder window. Click on the Go menu at the top left of your monitor and then click on the Go To Folder and enter the following and then hit Go: ~/Library/Preferences/
3. In the window that appears, locate all of the com.techsmith.Camtasia PLIST files and move them to the trash. Once they have all been removed, close the Finder window.
4. Click on a new Finder window. Click on the Go menu at the top left again and click on Go To Folder and enter the following and then hit Go: ~/Library/Application Support/TechSmith/
5. In the window that appears, move the Camtasia folder (as well as any Camtasia Previous or Prior folder(s)) to the Trash and then close the window. (you may be able to find a Camtasia folder outside of the TechSmith folder within the Application Support folder itself, if so, move it to the trash as well).
6. Click on the Go menu at the top left again and click on Go To Folder and enter the following and then hit Go:~/Library/Caches
7. In the window that appears, move the com.techsmith.Camtasia and com.techsmith.identityprofile.data folder to the Trash and then close the window.
8. Empty the Trash.
9. Restart computer.
10. Download and install Camtasia for Mac 3.0.6 from here.
If this workaround does not seem to resolve the problem, please contact support for assistance.