When attempting to open the TechSmith Relay portable recorder on a Windows XP computer, the following error message occurs:
“The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate.”
This error occurs when the Windows computer does not have components of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package installed.
Client Side Fix
Use this solution when only a single computer is affected (one-off).
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package from the following location and install it on the affected computer:
- Once this package is installed, launch the portable recorder again.
Server Side Fix
Use this solution to include the redistributable package in all future portable recorder download packages:
- Download the Microsoft.VC90.CRT file attached to this article.
- Copy the file to the following location in your Camtasia Relay installation path on the server: %PROGRAMFILES%\TechSmith\Relay Server\Utilities\USB Recorder Structure\Camtasia Relay\PC Recorder
- Restart the Camtasia Relay Server by clicking Start > All Programs > TechSmith > Camtasia Relay Server > Restart Camtasia Relay Server.
- Once the server restarts, re-download the portable recorder from the Camtasia Relay website.