Attempting to log in to the TechSmith Relay website after installing Camtasia Relay results in the following error:
"HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found
The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler."
This can occur when the Camtasia Relay installer fails to properly register the ASP.NET extensions in IIS.
To resolve this issue:
- Press Windows Key + R and then type cmd and click OK.
- Type cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET
- For 32-bit installations, type cd Framework and press Enter. For 64-bit installations, type cd Framework64 and press Enter.
- Type cd v2.0.50727 and press Enter.
- Type aspnet_regiis -i and press Enter.
- Once ASP.NET has finished installing, restart the IIS service through the iisreset command or right-click on the top-level node in the IIS Manager and click Stop, then right-click again and click Start.