Our system requirements for TechSmith Relay server have changed for version 4.4. We are no longer supporting Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 32-bit. If you are currently using one of these unsupported Operating Systems, you will need to migrate your TechSmith Relay server prior to upgrading to the latest release.
Server Operating System Requirements for version 4.4
Installing the TechSmith Relay server requires an English version of
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit, Recommended version)
- QuickTime 7.7.5 is required to be installed on the server
General Overview of TechSmith Relay Server Migration
The description below is intended to provide an overview of steps required to migrate TechSmith Relay to a new server. Depending on your system configuration, these steps may vary. For a comprehensive documentation on this topic, please see our "Upgrade Guide" which offers a detailed step-by-step walk-through of the migration process. Our documentation library for TechSmith Relay can be found here: http://www.techsmith.com/tutorials-camtasia-relay-documentation.html
- Log into your existing TechSmith Relay web site and access System > Servers and select "Take Server Offline".
- Deactivate TechSmith Relay server by accessing System > Activation > Deactivate.
- Run "ConfigurationProtectionTool.exe" in located in the Manger directory on the current Relay Server and export and backup your Encryption Key.
- Log into your existing SQL Instance and perform full Database backup.
- Prepare your new server hardware with an supported Operating System and install prerequisites.
- Establish your new SQL Server (local or remote).
- Restore your Relay database backup.
- Run the migration script on your newly restored database found in our documentation.
- Run the TechSmith Relay installation wizard and choose the advance installation path.
- In the TechSmith Relay installation wizard, reestablish a connection to your SQL Server instance.
- Complete the TechSmith Relay Server installation wizard.
- Activate TechSmith Relay web site and bring Relay Server back online.