The Camtasia add-in toolbar is not appearing in PowerPoint.
While trying to enable the add-in, an error message occurs regarding admin privileges.
PowerPoint 2013, 2016
The Camtasia Powerpoint Addin for 64bit versions of Powerpoint 2013, 2016 is only supported on Camtasia Studio 8.1.0 and later.
- Close out of PowerPoint and Camtasia completely
- Open your Control Panel>Programs and Features and find Camtasia in the list
- Right click on Camtasia and choose Change
- Choose Modify and hit next. Make sure the PowerPoint Add-In is checked or is set to be installed. Keep hitting next until it completes the modification.
- Open PowerPoint and see what you get
- In PowerPoint click on the File in the top left hand corner of PowerPoint
- Choose PowerPoint Options in that dialog and then choose Options. On the left hand side click Addins.
- At the bottom of this new window there is a drop down menu. Change the drop down menu to "Disabled Items" and click Go.
- Choose the Camtasia Addin and click Enable.
*Applies to Camtasia Studio 8 only:
- Close out of PowerPoint and Camtasia.
- Right click on the Camtasia Studio shortcut in your start menu and choose "Run as Administrator".
- In Camtasia Studio click on Tools > Options > PowerPoint tab and check "Enable PowerPoint addin" and click OK. Feel free to un-check it and re-check if it was already checked.
- Start PowerPoint and see what you get