- The Addin toolbar is not visible in Powerpoint
- When enabling the Addin, and error about requiring administrative privileges appears
- Powerpoint is not detected
PowerPoint 2013, 2016
The Camtasia Powerpoint Addin for 64bit versions of Powerpoint 2013, 2016 is only supported on Camtasia Studio 8.1.0 and later.
- Close out of PowerPoint and Camtasia completely.
- Open your Control Panel > Programs and Features and find Camtasia in the list.
- Right-click on Camtasia and choose Change.
- Choose Modify and hit next. Make sure the PowerPoint Add-In is checked or is set to be installed. Click Next until it completes the modification.
- Open PowerPoint.
- In PowerPoint click File in the top left hand corner of PowerPoint.
- Choose PowerPoint Options in that dialog and then choose Options. On the left hand side click Addins.
- At the bottom of this new window there is a drop down menu. Change the drop down menu to Disabled Items and click Go.
- Choose the Camtasia Addin and click Enable.
- See this support article to determine if you have the Click-to-Run version of PowerPoint or the Microsoft Store version.
- If you have either of these versions, then you will need to install a desktop version of PowerPoint.
*The following only applies to Camtasia Studio 8:
- Close out of PowerPoint and Camtasia.
- Right-click on the Camtasia Studio shortcut in your start menu and choose "Run as Administrator".
- In Camtasia Studio click on Tools > Options > PowerPoint tab and check "Enable PowerPoint addin" and click OK. Feel free to un-check it and re-check if it was already checked.
- Start PowerPoint.