Below is a list of suggestions that may help in identifying Microphone issues with Camtasia Recorder
- Make sure Windows is detecting the device by right clicking on your Speaker icon in the bottom right of your monitor. Choose Recording Devices and make sure your Microphone is listed here. If it's not listed, unplug the microphone and then plug it back in to see if it shows up in the list.
- Make sure that the microphone is set as the correct device in Camtasia Recorder. Click on Tools > Options > Inputs tab and make sure your microphone is selected as your device.
- Make sure that the recording level is high enough. Just below the Audio Device in the Inputs tab you will see a input meter. If you tap or speak into your microphone does the meter jump to the right as if it is detecting audio? If so, then you microphone is selected correctly.
- Verify that the microphone is plugged into a USB port or the microphone jack on the sound card.
- Try a different USB port or a different Microphone