The Camtasia Recorder shutdown due to a random shutdown of the computer or some other technical reason while recording.
The Camtasia Studio Recorder has a built-in disaster recovery feature that will attempt to auto-recover a failed recording. Please open the Recorder again. It should detect the failed recording and begin the recovery process. In the event that it does not, attempt solution 2 below.
- Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the R key
- In the run window that appeared, type in the following: %temp%
- Sort the this folder by Date Modified
- Look for a folder named Camrec <random number>
- Inside this folder you should see an AVI file. Copy the AVI file to your desktop and try importing it into Camtasia.