This error message appears after I have already entered a valid product key to unlock the program.
This is a known issue in Camtasia 7 and 8. This issue occurs when a product key has been used to unlock the full version of Camtasia and no name was specified. To resolve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Close Camtasia.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Navigate to the following registry:
- Windows 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > TechSmith > Camtasia Studio > 7.0
- Windows 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > TechSmith > Camtasia Studio > 7.0