Camtasia Recorder has a list of following commands which can append to the command line to launch the CamRecorder.exe file. These commands will record, pause, stop, and exit the recorder.
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Type this file path and press Enter:
- Camtasia 2020: cd C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia 2020
- Camtasia 2019: cd C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia 2019
- Camtasia 2018: cd C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia 2018
- Camtasia 9: cd C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia 9
- Type the following and press Enter to begin a recording: CamRecorder.exe /[command]
|Old Command||New Command||Description|
|/r||/record||Starts/resumes recording using the current Recorder settings|
|/p||/pause||Pauses the recording|
|/s||/stop||Stops the recording|
|/x||/exit||Exits out of the Recorder|
The old commands will not work and have only been noted for reference.