After finishing a recording, the video and audio seem to be out-of-sync.
This can be caused by a system resource issue. The computer processor or hardware cannot process both video and audio fast enough to keep them in-sync. There are various options to solve this solution.
Option 1: Use Software-Mode
- Open Camtasia.
- Select Edit > Preferences > Advanced.
- Select Use software-only mode under the Hardware Acceleration dropdown.
- Click OK.
- Close and reopen Camtasia. See if audio and video are in-sync during playback.
Option 2: Reduce Screen/Capture Frame Rate
Reducing the screen area and capture frame rate can free up more resources in order for the audio to be in-sync while capturing. For more information on system performance, see this article.
Option 3: Update to the Latest Drivers
We have seen outdated audio and/or video card drivers cause this behavior. The best option is to visit the hardware manufacturer's website to get the latest drivers for your audio and video cards.
Option 4: Update Webcam
We have also seen this happen with webcams. Update the webcam to the latest driver available from the hardware manufacture's website.
Option 5: Set Power to High Performance
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: control panel
- Select Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
- Select High Performance.
Users have reported that changing this setting has made a big difference in keeping their webcam in-sync.