There are some common cases when you want to schedule a recording:
- Record a webinar on your home computer while you are at work.
- Ensure a class lecture is recorded and not forgotten.
- Assist recording an event for someone who is not familiar using Camtasia.
This article will explain how to create scheduled files for Windows Task Scheduler to automatically initiate a Camtasia Screen recording.
You must use the Administrator access to initialize the changes. Process may vary if using Windows 8 or Windows 10.
Schedule an Automated Recording
- Open Notepad.
- Type the following into the document: "C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia 2018\CamRecorder.exe" /record
- Save file as record.bat.
Please use the BAT extension. Saving as TXT will not work.
- Create a new file.
- Type the following into the document: "C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia 2018\CamRecorder.exe" /stop
- Save file as stop.bat. Please remember where you saved both those files.
- Open Camtasia Recorder.
- Select Tools > Options > General.
- Select File Options > Automatic file name. Then, click OK.
- Select Program > Hide preview window after recording is stopped. Select Save under the Do this with my recording dropdown.
- Close the recorder.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: control panel
- Select System and Security > Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Task Scheduler.
- Select Action > Create Task > General.
- Type a name for the task.
- Select Triggers > New.
- Set a time when you want to start recording under Settings.
- Select Actions > New.
- Click Browse to open record.bat.
- Repeat steps 16-21 to set a different trigger for stop.bat.
- Click OK after both tasks are set
- Save and close Windows Task Scheduler.