You can import the following file formats into Camtasia for editing:
- MP4 (AVC/h.264 codecs required, 30 frames per second or less)
- MTS and M2TS files (version 8.4 and later). The AC-3 Filter is required if you are running Windows 8 or Windows 7. For more information, see this article.
- MOV H.264 and PNG MOV codecs are supported. For more information, see this article.
For Unsupported File Formats:
- Open the file in a desktop media player or web browser and record the playback with Camtasia Recorder. The TREC recording file opens in Camtasia and can be imported into other projects.
- You can convert some video formats to the MP4 file format. Download Handbrake and watch the tutorial below to learn how to convert the file to MP4.