- Make sure the file format is supported in Camtasia.
- For MP4 files, make sure the video is encoded with the H.264 codec.
- For MOV files, see this article. If the file is from an iPhone 7 or later running iOS 11, change the video format. Select Settings > Camera > Formats and choose Most Compatible.
- For AVI files, make sure the codec used to encode the AVI is installed on your machine. For example, if the file is encoded with the Xvid codec, you must install the Xvid codec on your machine.
- ByteFence may cause this error and corrupt the TREC files. To resolve this issue, uninstall ByteFence (Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program).
- Make sure that the media is imported from a local drive, and not some network, external, or cloud drive.
- If this error appears after recording, the TREC file may be corrupt and unrecoverable.
- If these solutions do not apply or if you have additional questions, please submit a support ticket.