Produced video has sections that display black or green.
We now have a patch available that lets Camtasia Studio 7.1.1 use more memory on a PC running Windows Vista or Windows 7. This does not apply to computers running Windows XP. On a 64-bit machine, we can go from Camtasia using 2GB to 4GB of RAM. On a 32-bit machine, we can go from using 2GB to 3GB of RAM.
To install, follow the steps below:
- Open Camtasia Studio 7.
- Click Help > About Camtasia Studio.
- If you have version 7.0, 7.0.1, or 7.1.0, you will need to update to Camtasia Studio version 7.1.1. Download the updater here or use the built-in update feature from the Help menu.
- Close Camtasia.
- Download "CamtasiaStudio.zip" which is attached below.
- Save the file to the hard drive. When the download is complete, double-click the .zip file and extract the contents.
- Open the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 732-bit machine:
C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 7
- Drag or paste the extracted file from step 4 into the folder opened in step 6. There is already a file with that name, so Windows will prompt to replace the older file. You MUST move the file into that folder. Trying to run it from any other location will result in an error message and Camtasia will not launch.