After uploading the completed video to YouTube, the video is blurred.
To get the best video quality on YouTube upload the video at 1280x720 or 1920x1080. This applies while recording, editing, and setting the production of the video.
To receive best image quality in your video, it is best to record the same video dimensions at which you plan on producing. For example, if you want a 720p HD video on YouTube you need to record your screen at 1280x720. For a 1080p HD video, you'll want to record at 1920x1080. To select your dimension size, follow the steps below (this applies to Camtaisa 8 and 9):
- Open Camtasia Recorder.
- Click Custom under Select Area.
- Enter preferred dimensions (1280x720, 1920x1080).
- Open Record.
We also want to make sure the editing dimensions are set to the recording dimensions. To set the editing dimensions, follow the steps below:
- Right-click the canvas.
- Select Project Settings.
- Select preferred dimension under Canvas Dimensions dropdown.
Camtasia Studio 8:
- Click the Dimension tab on top left of canvas.
- Enter preferred dimension under Dimensions.
- Click OK.
It is best to produce the video using the YouTube preset.
Camtasia Studio 8
Once your video is uploaded to YouTube, make sure you are watching it in HD by selecting the following:
- Click Settings icon.
- Select dimension size under Quality.