AVI files appear blurry in Adobe Premiere.
There are a few tips we offer to help improve how AVI files from Camtasia Recorder show up in Adobe Premiere.
- We have found that taking an AVI from Camtasia Recorder that has dropped frames into Adobe Premiere will display artifacts in Premiere. The best workaround is to take that same AVI, bring it into Camtasia Studio and produce to AVI. This will eliminate the dropped from so it can then be played back successfully in Adobe Premiere.
- Another option is ignoring the alpha channel. Follow the steps below:
- Select the imported AVI file from the project view in Premiere.
- Select File > Interpret Footage.
- Select the Ignore Alpha Channel option in Interpret Footage.
- This makes the AVI file completely visible. If the video still appears blank, try reselecting the clip in order to refresh the video viewer.
- Another possible cause of reduced image quality when importing video into Premiere is Frame Blending. Right-click the video and deselect the Frame Blending option.