This error occurs when launching the software just after the splash screen appears.
Using the steps below, Camtasia can be force to display in software mode rather than hardware mode. This will not affect the performance of video capture.
- Exit Camtasia and the Camtasia Recorder. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\8.0.
- Right-click the blank area on the right and choose New > DWORD (32 bit) Value.
- Give the new value the name DisableNotifications.
- Right-click the DisableNotifications item on the right and select Modify.
- Set the Value data field to 1 and press OK.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Camtasia.