McAfee Firewall, which is included in many of the McAfee Security Suites blocks Camtasia Studio from being able to connect to TechSmith Fuse, the mobile app available for iOS and Android. When attempting to connect Fuse to Camtasia Studio by scanning the QR code, the Fuse App will display a message indicating that it is unable to connect. In order for Fuse to connect to Camtasia Studio, the appropriate ports need to be opened through the McAfee Firewall. Please follow the steps below to open these ports.
- Open McAfee and then under the Web and Email Protection category choose Firewall
- In the Firewall settings, choose the Ports and System Services category
- Click the Add button at the bottom, and then fill out this form using the information below
- System Service Name: Camtasia Studio
- System Service Category: Leave Blank
- Service Description: Camtasia/Fuse
- Local TCP/IP Ports: 8317
- Local UDB Ports: Leave Blank
- Open ports to: All PCs
- Forward port activity to other PC's using Internet Connection Sharing: Leave Unchecked
- Click Save
- After clicking save, you will be brought back to the list of open Ports. Scroll through this list and verify that you see the new rule that has been created called "Camtasia Studio" and make sure that it is checked (*if the rule is not checked, it will not be enabled and Camtasia will not be able to connect to Fuse).
Here is a quick video showing this entire process: