Error 1327: Invalid Drive error when installing SnagIt
Snagit 2019.1.3 and Later
This is a known issue that is fixed in Snagit 2019.1.3 and later. Select Help > Check for Updates in Snagit to install the latest version.
Snagit 2019.1.2 and Earlier
This error message most frequently refers to drive U, but this may vary.
For complete information please click here. This behavior may occur if a registry key contains an incorrect value in a Data field.
Important: The following steps require you to modify the Windows registry. Modifications to the Windows registry, if not done correctly, can cause serious problems to a Windows system. Be sure to backup your registry before making changes.
- Choose Start > Run. The Run dialog box opens.
- In the Open field, type regedit and then click OK. The Windows Registry Editor opens.
- In the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
- In the right pane, note the values in the Data column of each entry. If any value contains a drive that is not correct for your computer, right-click the entry and select Modify.
- Type the correct drive letter in the Value data field, and then click OK. For example, if one of the values is "X:\Documents and Settings\Administrator", the drive letter should be changed to a valid drive on the system, such as “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator".
- Repeat step 4 for each entry whose Data value contains an incorrect drive.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each of the following registry keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- Close the Registry Editor, and run the installation again