When installing, one of the following messages is displayed:
- "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
- "Could not load the DLL library C:\ Program Files (or x86) \ TechSmith \ TechSmith Program \ SnagItUtl.dll."
- "Error: 1904 Unable to register a particular DLL file."
This error occurs when the Operating System is missing a file in order to properly complete the installation process. This issue is a result of a problem with the Microsoft Windows Visual C++ Redistributable Package(s) as these libraries are used by our Install Packages. To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- Install the appropriate Microsoft package.
- Click Download.
- Click Save. If prompted to Run or Save, please save the file.
- Locate file and double-click.
- Reinstall the software.