The main cause of this issue is Security Software which blocks the installation. To work around this, disable the Security Software during the install.
We have seen this with a wide range of Security Software programs:
- Norton 360
- Spyware Doctor
In some instances, especially with Spyware Doctor from PCTools, we have found that some users need to uninstall the Security Software program from their machine, run the Snagit installation, and then they can safely put Spyware Doctor back on their machine.
If this does not resolve the issue, please contact Technical Support and generate the following file:
- Download the Snagit install file and save it to your desktop, you can use this link to download Snagit: Alternate Download Locations
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run, a dialog box will appear
- Click browse and go to your Desktop or whatever folder the snagit.exe installer file is located
- Double-click on the icon so it puts the path in the Run dialog box. The last thing showing in the path should be \snagit.exe
- Add the following so it looks like \snagit.exe /l*v log.txt
- Then click Okay, which will begin the installation like normal and give you the installation error
- A log file will be created in the same place as your snagit.exe icon, on the Desktop