Error 1720, 1721, or 1723 appears while installing Camtasia.
This error occurs when the installer file is incomplete or corrupt. Download the installation file here. Depending on your system, there may be some other items to consider:
You may not have Administrator Rights to install software on your computer. Login as an Administrator and then try the install again.
On Windows Vista and later, the User Account Control (UAC) could be blocking access to the Windows Installer. Disable UAC and then try to install again.
To disable the UAC, click Start Menu > Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings. Reduce the slider position to Never Notify.
You may need to Install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from one of the Softpedia Mirror locations.
- Install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
- Launch from Start > All Programs > Windows Installer Cleanup.
- Remove the appropriate TechSmith Software.
Jing is shown purely as an example.
- Reboot computer and try installing again.
We have seen the Avast security software can cause problems. If Avast is installed, please change the following settings:
- Open Avast.
- Click Menu.
- Select Settings > General > Troubleshooting.
- Click Add/Modify Components under Still having problems?
- Deselect File Shield, Real Site, and Sandbox.
- Click CHANGE.
- Click Yes.
- Restart your computer.
- Install a TechSmith software.
After installing a TechSmith software, you can turn on the components in Avast if desired.