When Snagit checks for updates, Snagit shows an error. Or, the "Checking for updates" window spins and never completes.
If there are problems when Snagit checks for updates, try to reset the Snagit Updater with the steps below.
- Exit Snagit and the Snagit Editor. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: %PROGRAMDATA%\TechSmith\Updater\
- Delete all of the files and folders in the Updater folder.
- Open Snagit.
- Click Help > Check for Updates.