There are scenarios where auto-scroll capture will not work. Conflicting third party utilities, unsupported browsers or applications, incompatible hardware drivers, and security software are examples of issues that could impede the auto-scroll in Snagit.
- If you are running Snagit 12 or earlier, see this article for more information.
- If you are only seeing horizontal scrolling arrows in Microsoft Edge, see this article for more information.
- If you are experiencing problems in Firefox, see this article for more information.
- If you are experiencing issues with the latest update in Chrome, try Panoramic Capture.
Use Panoramic Scroll
If you use Snagit 13 or later, try Panoramic Capture.
Panoramic scrolling capture may have trouble accurately capturing parralax websites.
Use a Different Browser
If you receive an error or no response when capturing a website, open the URL in a different web browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge. Results may vary across web browsers based on website content.
Use your Web Browser's Incognito/Private Mode
Most web browsers have the ability to browse in an "incognito" or "private" window. These alternate browsing modes usually disable all third party extensions and add-ons which can potentially interfere with Snagit's scrolling ability.
- Google Chrome Incognito
- Mozilla Firefox New Private Window
- Internet Explorer In Private Browsing
- Microsoft Edge New InPrivate Window
Set Application Zoom to Default
For best results, set the zoom level in the application to capture to the default 100%.
Check your Security Software
Security and identity protection software is frequently changing. This software can sometimes falsely detect Snagit (or other trusted applications) as a potential threat and block the software from working properly. To verify your security software is not causing an issue, disable the security software and then take a scrolling capture again with Snagit. If you are able to capture, contact the security software manufacturer for instructions on how to add Snagit to the exclusions list (sometimes referred to as the white list).