Here is a list of some known issues that we have seen when trying to take a scrolling capture in Microsoft Excel.
- For chart sheets, all of the scroll bars must be visible for Snagit to be able to auto scroll, and capture the document successfully. If the scroll bars are not visible, you may notice that your capture is incomplete, not stitched properly (you may see sections repeated in the capture), or the capture may fail with an error message.
Note: It is not possible to use the COM API to scroll chart sheets
- Worksheets are always captured at a zoom level of 100%. Using the COM API's copy method does not acknowledge zoom levels. Chart sheets are captured at whatever the current zoom level is.
- Snagit does not support scrolling captures of custom views of a worksheet or chart.
- Snagit does not support scrolling captures of the Print Preview screen.
- If in the Page Layout view of Excel, the scrolling capture may fail. If so, try changing the Windows theme. This can be done by right clicking on your Desktop > Personalize > Window Color and Appearance and try changing that to a Classic theme.
- Make sure that no cells or callouts are being edited when you initiate the capture process in Snagit. This may cause the capture to fail.
- Snagit does not support scrolling capture of a work sheet pane (it will always scroll the upper left most pane).
If you are running into problems trying to perform a scrolling capture in an Excel document, try this alternative method of capturing the information.
- Select the area of the work sheet that you would like to capture
- Right click on that selection and choose Copy
- Open the Snagit Editor and navigate to the File tab > New from Clipboard