We have found that the AVG Firewall 2014 prevents the Fuse Mobile App from connecting to Snagit and Camtasia Studio. Here are the steps to make the necessary changes to AVG Firewall to work with Fuse, Snagit, and Camtasia Studio.
- Open the AVG program window, and click on the Firewall tab.
- Choose Settings > Expert Mode > System Services > Manage or add your own system rules.
- Click the Add button
- Each of the items that can be customized will appear as clickable links. You can change the settings for each item by clicking on the appropriate link.
- Protocol should be set to TCP
- Direction should be set to In
- Click the Undefined link for local port(s) and choose "User selected ports; check a port in the list or add your own to the edit box." Then enter the following numbers for Snagit or Camtasia Studio:
Camtasia Studio: 8317
- Click the Undefined link for remote port(s) and choose All ports (0-65535).
- Click the Undefined link for remote address(es) and choose All Networks
- In the Rule Detail Name field, type Snagit or Camtasia Studio respectively. In the end, the window should look like this (this is for Camtasia Studio, so we opened port 8317):
- Click OK and then Apply and close AVG.
- Try Snagit or Camtasia.