Snagit is set to start with Windows, however it still does not launch automatically when I log in.
Make sure it is enabled in Snagit preferences
- Open the main Snagit capture window and browse to the file menu File > Capture Preferences
- Make sure the box to "Run Snagit when Windows starts" is checked
- Hover over the Snagit capture window and click on the gear icon next to the red button
- Choose Preferences
- Check the box to Run Snagit when Windows starts
Make sure Snagit is not set to run as an administrator.
- Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and then hit the R key to open the run window
- Type the following and then hit enter:
- Right click the Snagit icon and choose Properties > Compatibility and make sure Run as administrator is not checked and click Apply.
- Repeat the same process for these three files...
- C:\Program Files (x86)\TechSmith\Snagit 13\SnagitEditor.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\TechSmith\Snagit 13\Snagit32.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\TechSmith\Snagit 13\SnagPriv.exe
Check security policies on the computer.
- Hold down the windows key on your keyboard and hit the R key to open the Run window.
- Type the following and hit Enter: secpol.msc
- Browse to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options
- Locate User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode. Set this to Disabled.