The Datastore is where Snagit stores its Unsaved Captures. If this Datastore folder is moved from its original location without being exported from the Snagit Editor using the process here, then the captures will not automatically open back up in the Snagit Library. However it is possible to restore these captures so that they show back up in your Library.
Note: This process will restore the images from the original Datastore, and replace any new captures that taken since it was moved. It is not possible to merge Datastores at this time.
- Locate the old Datastore folder that you would like to restore
- View the contents of the Datastore folder
- Select all of the items in the Datastore folder, and then right click on them and choose Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder
- A zip file will be created. Right click on this zip file, and rename it to Datastore.snagarchive
- You will be prompted asking if you are sure you would like to change the extension of the file, select Yes to the prompt
- Restore the Datastore in the Snagit Editor.
Snagit 13: File > Editor Preferences > Library > Backup/Restore Automatically Stored Files > Restore
Snagit 12: File tab > Editor Options > Advanced > Backup/Restore Automatically Stored Files > Restore
- Browse to the Datastore.snagarchive file that you created from step 4, and choose Open. This will remove all captures from your existing Library and replace them.