Once Snagit has been downloaded, it needs to be installed into the Applications folder on a Mac. If you need to re-download, please visit our downloads page here.
- Locate the "snagit.dmg" that was downloaded after purchasing Snagit. In most cases, this is going to be in your Downloads directory on your Mac. To get to your Downloads folder, open a new Finder window, and then navigate to the menu bar item Go >> Downloads.
- In the Downloads folder, should be the Snagit disk image file (most likely "snagit.dmg"). Double click the file to begin the installation process.
- In the window that opens, drag the Snagit icon into the Applications folder on the right to install Snagit
- Dismount the snagit.dmg file by opening a new Finder window and clicking the eject symbol next to the snagit.dmg file.
- To open Snagit, browse to your Applications folder and double click Snagit