When attempting to publish your video to the TechSmith Relay server from Camtasia Studio, an error appears.
The error message may look similar to this:
This is caused by a missing Microsoft C++ package, and can be resolved by installing the missing package using these steps.
- Navigate to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
- If the link above has moved, simply search for "Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2013" in your chosen search engine
- Click the Download link and select the vcredist_x86.exe package from the package selection. Click the Next button.
- Once the download has completed, Run the vcredist_x86.exe package by double-clicking on it.
- Step through the wizard following the on-screen prompts.
- When the installation is completed, click Finish/Close or close the window.
- Re-attempt the Produce and Share > Share to TechSmith Relay in Camtasia Studio. You should now be prompted to login with your TechSmith Relay credentials.
Note: If the issue persists, please follow the instructions again, but choose the vcredist_x64.exe package and complete the steps.