After opening Snagit or taking a capture, this error message appears and closes the Editor.
We have found that this can be caused by third-party registry cleaners removing a registry key that is needed in order to use Snagit. To resolve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Close Snagit. Make sure Snagit32.exe, SnagPriv.exe, and SnagitEditor.exe are not running.
- In Windows 7, check the programs under Processes.
- In Windows 8, check the programs under Details.
- Close out all other programs that are running.
- Download and save MainFrame.zip. Unzip the file.
- Click Regfile.reg > Run > Yes.
- Click RegFile2.reg > Run > Yes.
- Open Snagit.
If the problem continues, there may be a third-party software causing the error. Please submit a support ticket to resolve the issue.