When opening the Snagit Editor, or after taking a capture a "Failed to load main frame" error message appears on the screen and then the Editor closes.
We have found that this can be caused by third party registry cleaners removing a registry key that is needed in order to use Snagit. Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Close out of Snagit completely so it is not running at all. Make sure by opening your task manager (ctrl + alt + delete) and make sure Snagit32.exe, SnagPriv.exe, and SnagitEditor.exe are not running. On Windows 7, check under the Processes tab. On Windows 8, click the "More Details" button in the task manager.
- Close out of any other programs that you have running
- Download and save the zip file below, and unpack the zip file (usually double clicking works)
- Double click Regfile.reg to run it and click OK to the prompts
- Double click the RegFile2.reg and click OK to the prompts
- Try Snagit again
If the problem continues, there may be some third party software causing the problem. Please submit a support ticket to troubleshoot further.