Once Jing has been downloaded, it needs to be installed into the Applications folder on a Mac. If you need to re-install Jing, it can be downloaded here.
- Locate the "jing.dmg" that was downloaded from TechSmith.com. In most cases, this is going to be in your Downloads directory on your Mac. To get to your Downloads folder, open a new Finder window, and then navigate to the menu bar item Go >> Downloads.
- In the Downloads folder, should be the Jing disk image file (most likely "jing.dmg"). Double click the file to begin the installation process.
- In the window that opens, double click the Auto-install button. Or, drag the Jing icon into the Applications folder on the right to install Jing.
- Dismount the jing.dmg file by opening a new Finder window and clicking the eject symbol next to the jing.dmg file.
- To open Jing, browse to your Applications folder and double click Jing