How do I enter my software key for Snagit?
The free trial of Snagit is a fully functional 15 day trial. If you decide to purchase, there is no need to download and install Snagit (Windows) again. You simply need to unlock the trial with your software key.
- Unlock with your TechSmith Account
- Unlock with your Software Key
- Unlock an Expired Trial or New Install/Reinstall
- Unlock an Active Trial
- Maintenance Renewals
Unlock with your TechSmith Account
This method only works on Snagit 12.4.1 and later.
You cannot unlock Snagit using your TechSmith account if you have a multi-user license key.
- Open https://myaccount.techsmith.com in your web browser.
- Sign in or create an account.
- Select My Products at the top of the page.
- If you do not see your license key, see this support article to manually add it.
License questions? See License FAQ for more information about where to find your key, how to move your key, and more!
- Open Snagit. In the Trial Unlock dialog click Enter Software Key > Sign in to find software key, or in the Snagit Editor click Sign In.
From Trial Unlock Dialogue
From Snagit Editor
- Sign into your account.
- Choose the key to use from the window that opens and click Continue.
Unlock with your Software Key
- Open the main Snagit capture window.
- Click Help > Enter Software Key...
- Enter the software key and click Unlock.
Unlock an Expired Trial
- Open Snagit.
- In the Snagit Trial dialog, click Enter Software Key.
In previous versions, click Unlock with a Software Key or Unlock Snagit.
- Enter your software key, or click Sign in to find software key.
Unlock an Active Trial
- Open the Capture Window.
- Click File > Unlock.
- Click Enter Software Key and then follow the steps above to sign in or manually enter your key.
If you are running the latest version you do not need to take any action – just keep using your current key. If you are not running the current version, download the software here and enter your new key to get started.