While creating and sharing videos with your team can be very powerful, it's equally as important to provide constructive feedback and direction along with the videos, to ensure your athletes continue to grow and improve. Likewise, it's important for athletes to self-evaluate and provide peer-to-peer feedback. With Coach's Eye + TEAMS, any member of your team can analyze any of the videos in your shared team locker using voiceover narration and our premium analysis tools. This is a great way for coaches to share their infinite wisdom, as well as a great self-monitoring and evaluation tool for athletes.
*View video version of this tutorial here.
To analyze a team video on your mobile device:
- Open up the Coach's Eye app on your mobile device. From the Teams section, tap on the team you wish to access.
- Within your team's shared locker, tap on the video you want to analyze. Then, tap Analyze to open up the analysis view.
At the bottom of the analysis view you'll see the following options:
1. The fly wheel, which offers frame-by-frame scrubbing.
2. An option to play your original video back in slow motion.
3. Analysis tools for on-screen annotation and telestration, including premium tools (angle, stopwatch, and spotlight).
- Tap and hold one of the tools to expose additional colors and tools. Only five tools are displayed on the screen at any one time. Coach's Eye remembers the last five tools you used. For example, you have ready-at-hand three arrow tools (each a different color) the stopwatch and a shape tool.
Tip: You can pinch the screen at any time to zoom in and out. This pinching technique also works for making the spotlight tool larger or smaller.
- Tap the Compare option in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to analyze two videos side-by-side. Tap Add and select a video from your team locker. This is great for measuring an athlete's improvement over time or comparing a novice athlete to another with ideal form.
- Tap the Record option at the top of your screen to record everything you say and do during your analysis. All of your voiceover narration and analysis drawings will be captured and made into a new video for sharing. While recording, you can pause and resume from where you left off at any time. You can also restart your recording should you need to. When you're finished, tap Done to stop recording and build your analysis.
- Once the analysis is finished building and uploading to your team locker, it will be available for all members of the team to access.