Once you've signed into the InstantReplay app, you need to select your device's role. In the application, you can either be a broadcaster or a receiver. It's important for you to know you have to have at least of one of each role, in order for the app to work properly.
*View video tutorial here.
To select your device's role:
- Open the InstantReplay app. Tap on the gear icon in the lower left-hand corner of your screen to open the settings menu.
- Tap the broadcaster option if you're going to be on the sidelines, capturing footage to send to the receiver.
As a broadcaster, you have the following options:
1. Name your camera so that when the receiver gets your video,
he/she knows which device or camera angle it came from.
2. You also have the option to delete videos from your device once
you've sent them to the receiver. This is a great option if you're
worried about storage space on your device.
3. Finally, you can turn camera tagging on or off. Currently, camera
tagging allows you to tag plays specific to football. If you're using
the application for something other than football, you may want
to turn tagging off.
- Tap the receiver option if you're going to be viewing and analyzing videos sent from the broadcasters.
As a receiver, you'll be able to see all of the devices nearby which are available to be a broadcaster. Tap on the desired devices to add them as broadcasters. Connected broadcasters will be indicated with a yellow check mark.
- When you're done selecting you device's role, tap Done to return to your video library.